Time does not change us. It just unfolds us.
— Max Frisch
And we’ve been doing quite a lot of unfolding this past year—so much so in fact, that the advent of our triennial has caught us a bit by surprise!
It’s been truly an exceptional year, filled with media engagements, travel, meetings with new and old WIJW friends, fine dining, shopping, and bringing it all here online to share—and I must say, the sharing part continues to be hugely rewarding. Without an appreciative and engaged global audience, WIJW wouldn’t be much fun at all—so thank you, thank you, thank you, and stay dialed in for more WIJW in the coming twelve months! We’ll be doing our best to make it worth your while.
This next year of WIJW promises to be quite exciting with more than a few projects in the works!
• We’re sorting through our most interesting images for a glorious WIJW book with chapters like Sartorial Splendor, Stylish Travel, and
Lofty Dreams to name a few.
• I’ve been asked to design a line of shirts, cuff links, and belts.
• We’re planing on mixing in more online video content to keep things dynamic—moving tours of some of our favorite haunts are part of those plans.
• We’ll be bringing you more fabulous Jet-set fantasy destinations, including travel to London, Paris, Monaco, Newport, Lyford Cay, the Bahamas, and Rio de Janeiro.
• We’ve also been asked to contribute our thoughts to The Rake—one of our absolute favorite gentleman’s magazines. Do have a look.
So just a few projects highlighted here to give you an idea of what’s in store.
Thanks to all those who make WIJW happen!
We’ll leave you with this photograph by Gabriel Everett. My friend Keith Adams scouted the rather fabulous location—a mural by the brilliant Brooklyn based street artist, Tristan Eaton—definitely apocalyptic, but we love shaking up the status quo.
I’m sporting a Tom Ford era Gucci black linen jacket with suede elbow patches and black and white silk mini hounds tooth pant, black and white striped cotton shirt with contrast white collar by Richard James London, Seaman Schepps black pearl cuff links, red alligator belt with silver buckle by Ralph Lauren, Dior sunglasses, Tom Ford black and white silk pocket square and black and saddle leather loafers, and my fragrance is Creed Imperial Mellisime.