WHAT IS JAMES WEARING? Rotating Header Image

Holiday Wishes from the Windsors

James Andrew and the Windsors

James Andrew and the Windsors

The Holiday Season is now upon us and with it brings a good helping of craziness. As an antidote, I’m hoping to share some thoughts and ideas over the next few weeks that’ll elicit a few smiles. As you can see, I’m already at it: a photo of yours truly flanked by my favorite style icons in a fantasy image created by our very own Scott Houston McBee!

Although perhaps I don’t have the resources of a Windsor, I do have some pretty fantastic clients. I have done relatively well in fact, and beyond some good old fashioned elbow grease, I credit much of my success to a wild and vivid imagination…and why not? After all, we are very much what we think and feel. Combine good thoughts and feelings with some positive action, and you’re well on your way to living the life you want to.

Generally when faced with stress and strife, I prefer to believe that everything will work out. It’s a way to start to write one’s own story, rather than scrambling to react, and if you’re a believer in the law of attraction like I am, it’s the surest way to attract what one wants most. At the very least, imagining a positive resolution to things puts one in a better frame of mind to cope. It’s a win win scenario! Now, it is tempting to try to understand the mechanism by which like attracts like in our lives (and I might add, the self-help section of your local bookstore is rife with speculation on this), but suffice it to say, we don’t really need to know how it works. All we need to know is that it does work!

This holiday, give yourself permission to have outrageous dreams and fantasies. I’ve been busy imagining having my own little Bois de Boulogne, what will you imagine?

You were born with potential.
You were born with goodness and trust.
You were born with ideals and dreams.
You were born with greatness.
You were born with wings.
You are not meant for crawling, so don’t.
You have wings.
Learn to use them and fly
!
- Rumi

12 Comments

1. Roland Lewis says:

Profound inspiration!

2. James Andrew says:

Dear Roland,

I love these ideas and have found them very empowering in my own life!

Cheers

JA

3. Brad says:

Love this post, James. Love your optimism. It’s contagious and I am SO grateful for your creative expression.

4. Damn it, that made me tear up..why..heaven only knows! I need to live by those words and I appreciate your attitude very much. Attitudes are infectious & your’s I always admire; that and your killer immagination!

Right now I’m reading a book about the Windsor’s, so Scott’s photo just made me smile!

Thanks James.

5. wendy woo says:

Perfect timing! Fabulous and uplifting!

6. Antipodean says:

The Windosrs would have loved you or your sense of style and fabulous outlook on life.

Love your work; keep it up!

7. Perfect timing for me as well. I am inspired by this to think big, with “outrageous dreams”…and so much of this came true just today, and now i am reading your uplifting post. What a marvelous day, and I feel that way every time I read the very exceptional, supremely beautiful and soaring WIJW. Thank you.
    Warmest,

8. James Andrew says:

Dear Deborah,

When I read comments like yours it makes me want to do more posts like this!

So happy to hear you are so enjoying what I am sharing here.

Which book about the Windsors are you reading?

Light and Blessings,

JA

9. James Andrew says:

My Dear Philip,

I am anxious to hear your good news!

I can’t imagine a life without BIG dreams and fantasies!

Thank You for your gorgeous praise!

Cheers

JA

10. David says:

James,
    What a splendid photo and such a voyage of imagination, but why do the Windsors look happy and you look so sad?

11. James Andrew says:

Hello Antipodean,

Why Thank You!

I would have been quite happy to be their love child!

Cheers

JA

12. Richard Harries says:

Hello James, Why, yes, they would have been happy and fortunate to have you as a love child, assuming there was ‘love’.
    And for sure, the Duke would have appreciated your look. I suggest a bunch of pugs for you, and suggest you get them today.