WHAT IS JAMES WEARING? Rotating Header Image

BOUGIES RIGAUD

Bougies Rigaud candle in my home.

Bougies Rigaud candle in my home.

I can clearly remember the first time I came across the ravishing scent of a Rigaud “Cyrpes” candle. It was in the home of a most divine doyenne friend of mine, and absolutely the epitome of WASP chic. From then on I’ve always had Rigaud Cypres at home.

Rigaud candles are burning fragrances from a perfumer with a 166 year history, and they’ve been a favorite of some major style icons like Diana Vreeland who’d have the original scent, “Green Cypress,” burning at the Vogue offices in New York. And when Jacqueline Kennedy discovered that the French Ambassador fancied Rigaud for their New York offices – she brought Rigaud candles to the White House. The list goes on. Suffice it to say, Rigaud has developed a fabulous following of global glitteratti!

There are now many other fragrances available from Rigaud. Some of my favorites are Tournesol, Rose, and of course Gardenia (especially with the gold cap and base that I have photographed in my home above).

In the world of luxury candles, Rigaud certainly stands out. Why not scent your home with a few of these classic beauties?!

For the picture above, you’ll note that I’ve flanked a Rigaud Gardenia candle with a pair of Jean Roger frogs – classic French chic at its best!

9 Comments

1. Dean Farris says:

Great post!

Love the image with the witches balls and the fabulous frogs-
    Let me guess- it was at the home of the late C Z Guest-
    Thanks for educating us on the frog designer as I only knew them as Tony Duquette frogs- also seen in the home of socialite Candy Hamm in San Francisco!

Dean

2. La Comtesse Lola says:

Tournesolxoxo

3. Dean……pretty damn good! Tony was a friend of mine….(And of coursec, our friends are Hutton and Ruth……) for 4
    30 years! That is the frog I recognizedt; I adore !!!

But; what is James Wearing???

Penelope

ps come visit again when we are restored…….Lordy!

4. James Andrew says:

Dear Dean Farris,

It was actually not CZ- a woman I knew in Providence – many years ago!

You can get these fab frogs through KRB here in town!

All Best

JA

5. James Andrew says:

Dear La Comtesse Lola,

So Sublime!

So many fragrances to choose from !

Much Love

JA

6. James Andrew says:

My Darling Penelope Bianchi,

How is all going there? I see much of the mud is gone.

Wishing you a speedy return to your ravishing home!

We are well overdue for another california visit!

Much Love

JA

7. Dean says:

Penny,

You may wish to read what I conjured up on Dean Farris Style,
    regarding Beegle-

How exciting ! Am so sorry to hear about all of the damage done in Santa Barbara-

Dean

8. So much love to James and Dean Farris…..yikes!
    Just so you know; I ordered immediately the Cypres candles…..and they have lifted our spirits in our rental beach house. (we are not beachy…it is kind of wasted on us; we like the sound of the ocean!)

Dean….I am a fan of yours also! I love your taste and style….and I have friends in Palm Beach! Britty! We have been friends for 50 years!

I am delighted to meet you through James…..and he actually visited us! And we still have all three dogs Mr. McBee photographed!
    We had to evacuated to three hotels……3 dogs, 2 cats……in one hotel room….(could not find a suite to save my life)
    That is when you know you are married to the right person 40th anniversary this past February….evacuated!

We are so lucky..and so blessed….and the dogs are fine. One cat disappeared….for 10 days. (the only time I cried) We will be moving back in….June 6th. Alive….all of us…..grateful, and so lucky. Our 12 chickens (we hatched them all….same flock for 30 years!) will be able to come home to their coop at the same time! I visit them every week….and they think I can let them out! So sweet.
    Look at my instagram for pictures of these chickens, etc.

penelopebianchi

if you would like to see!

9. James Andrew says:

My Darling Penelope Bianchi,

It is amazing how we can find comfort in beauty!

Thrilled to hear you are on the -home stretch back to you magical home!

Much Love